Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 4: Summer Islands in Summer

Last time on Jocund days in Parm; nothing interesting happened. Hopefully today won't be nearly as shitty!



Another day, another day of doing my Mayoral rounds.

 
Talking to some of the residents of my town enlightened me that a stranger named Sahara was wandering around town peddling carpets and wallpapers. I hardly had to seek her out as Sahara wandered into me and offered to give me a sweet set of wallpaper and carpet for a measly 3,000 bells. The deal was to good to be true so I accepted, she even offered to install it herself.


I'm actually really impressed with how it turned out.



A Mayor is only worth as much as his hat. Since I didn't have one I obviously was worthless as a mayor. With the addition of this skull hat my wards and enemies will quake with both fear and admiration for their Mayor.



With my newfound symbol of power I made the round engaging all of the citizens in light discourse and for some reason being roped into giving a fish to Melba for "Science".


As it began to rain I remembered that Tortimer invited me to his island paradise and he promised that a ferry would be available today. Luckily he's a man of his word and a Kappa named Kapp'n waiting for me at the docks. For 1,000 bells he promised me safe passage to the island. At the time it seemed like an exorbitant price.



The trip to the Island was pretty nice. Kapp'n sung me some sea shanty’s on the way there. We also didn't sink and or die which was quite pleasant.



I could not find Tortimer on the island at large, but it was inhabitted by what I assume is Kapp'ns family as three additional Kappas run the three shops on the island. Leilani, who I assume is his wife, runs the islands attraction which she calls "tours". To the best of my knowledge the tours are just games as the island doesn't exactly have much to it. There is also Lelia who's Kapp'n daughter and has big aspirations of picking up the merchants trade. Hopefully Leila will get the opportunity to apprentice under Tom Nook who is an accomplished merchant himself.



The island itself definitely had a "summer" feel to it, which goes without saying since its summer. Even if the climate seemed underwhelming the island teemed with life, plenty of fish surrounded the island and it was teeming with wild fruits and bugs ripe for catching. Like any responsible mayor I spent hours carefully capturing and cataloguing everyone to make sure that it posed no danger to my citizenry. The fact that I sold everything I caught at a profit was just icing on the cake for the glory of protecting my town.



As it started to get later in the evening I packed up what I had and shoved off the island. On the way back I realized Kapp'n didn't really believe in personal boundaries.



Isabelle was most likely worried about where I had been for most of the day so I retrned to my office to hear the good news that I finally had a 100% approval rating. Normally this would be meaningless to me but it gives me the power to build and destroy so I'm more then happy to go out of my way to maintain it.


 It was getting late and I wanted to do the rounds once more before I turned in. Antonio on the other hand wanted to make it perfectly clear that I shouldn't push myrself despite the fact that I'm Mayor. As much as I appreciate the concern I think Antonio best watch himself, no one likes a nosey aardvark.

No comments:

Post a Comment