Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 2: Or how I became indebted to a racoon

Man, yesterday was interesting. I scored a choice plot of land but not before the odd town full of animals appointed me their new liege. Today's my first day of being Mayor and the day I get to see my house.


Its... kind of underwhelming. I get the feeling that maybe not everyone respects the title of "Mayor" if this is their idea of a "House". Maybe it will be bigger on the inside?

Shoot. I'm not even mad. Like totally not mad in the slightest. Actually I don't feel like I've been ripped off at all. :I

And so I went to the Town Hall to drown my sorrows in work.

Isabelle asked me how my unpacking went so I told her about how I didn't exactly own anything and her response was pretty hilarious. She's got chutzpah.

Isabelle oddly enough required some reassurance that I was "really, really, like honesty ready" then she laid down some bad news. I need something called a "Permit" before I can actually build anything. I asked Isabelle why their leader would need permission to do things and she told me that it was to keep me from going mad with power. I would feel insulted if it weren't for how likely that outcome is.


On the upside getting the permit is pretty easy. All I need is to have a high approval rating which sounds easy enough. I guess I'd probably raise it by talking to the villagers or by planting flowers or something. I could probably raise it up to max in a few days.


Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-


I don't really need to build anything right now anyway. Today shall instead be a day of jubilations of my newfound power.

And so I went fishing.


Awwwwwww yuuuuus. With all the fish I'm reeling in I can probably get a home expansion. Speaking of expansions I should probably see Nook anyway about the whole "My House is a goddamn shed" problem.


On my way to Main Street I was greeted by an odd sight. A perfectly wrapped present with a red ribbon tied into a neat bow slowly and deliberately floated around my town with the aid a balloon. I currently lacked any means of knocking it from the air so I'm left to merely ponder what kind of person spends all that time creating a floating present if there is a good chance it might just wind up in the ocean.


When I walked in Nook said some words. Words I did not terribly agree with. When I told him about how I wasn't thrilled with my accommodations he told me that I could get an expansion for a modest fee. Nook slipped me some forms and asked me to sign them, I naturally obliged. Why wouldn't I want to sign a contract without reading it?


This is going to be one of those days isn't it? :I

One signed contract later


I can't tell how badly I've been shafted yet so I think I might want to look into ways of making some good money. I wonder if there is a drug trade here?



Lets be honest. We all knew where this was going. Fishing. I spent the rest of the day fishing. Fuck responsibility. Seriously ain't no one got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment